Hermie de VoerAttorney-at-law, partner
Hermie is internationally renowned for her expertise in nationality law. She advises clients in the Netherlands and other countries on the specifics of Dutch nationality and acquiring Dutch citizenship by naturalisation, option or law. Hermie is an experienced litigator in this area.
Hermie is a speaker at international conferences about nationality law. The media and politicians frequently ask her opinion on developments and legislative proposals in her area of expertise. She also writes for popular and professional journals.
In addition, Hermie heads the Russia/CIS Desk, counselling companies from Russia and the other CIS states on residence procedures related to their operations in the Netherlands, such as intra-company transfers of key staff.
Hermie was appointed a partner of Everaert Advocaten immigration Lawyers on 1 January 2015.
- Co-initiator of the Dutch labour party’s legislative proposal for children of Dutch mothers and foreign fathers, which on 1 October 2010 resulted in an option right for latent Dutch nationals
- Successful reliance on substantial financial disadvantage in cases in which naturalisation leads to double nationality
- Counselling former Dutch nationals on the application for residence permits and the option scheme to reacquire Dutch citizenship
- Recognised sponsorship for a new Dutch IT company and supervising the Entry and Residence procedure for Russian and Ukrainian employees and their families
- Intra-company transfer of a Russian manager and his family within a large international transport undertaking
- Preparation of residence permits for start-ups from outside the EU
- Successful applications for residence permits for artists, musicians, curators, designers and other professionals as independent contractors and employees in the creative industries
"Literature review: European Citizenship at the Crossroads"