|Pilot for short stay as a highly skilled migrant starting January 1|
Starting 1 January 2012, companies registered with the Dutch Immigration Department for hiring highly skilled migrants ('kennismigranten") will also be facilitated in obtaining UWV work permits for work assignments up to 90 days.
The new policy approved as a pilot for the next two years, provides for a work permit application process with the following features:
- two weeks of processing as a term of effort
- no labour market testing
- no vacancy reporting
- salary threshold pro rata at € 51.239 gross per annum (€4270 per month)
- proof of wage payment remains
- job description to be evaluated, but submission of CV and degree not required
- proof of visa (application) not required.
Please note the Immigration Police registration requirement remains for foreign national short termers who are not accommodated in a hotel.